Restore from Dump on tape

Duane Attaway dattaway at attaway.net
Fri Nov 1 18:43:50 CST 2002

On Fri, 1 Nov 2002, Brad Crotchett wrote:

> Good deal, thanks for the help.  We are currently untarring a backup as that
> was the fastest available backup at the time.  If that works ok, we are good
> to go.  If not, we will go for the restore from tape.  Thanks for the quick
> response, rest assured we will be here a while tonight!

I doubt you will have any serious issues, but if you do, let me know.  The
/var and /tmp directories are the ones that are in a constant state of
flux.  The only problems I can imagine would be the unexpected lock file
or things you would expect after restarting an unclean shutdown.

I won't be here at home, but you can reach me at 816-694-8334 if things
get funny.  You may have to leave a message for me to call you back.