named error interpretation request

bkelsay at comcast.net bkelsay at comcast.net
Sun Mar 31 22:34:37 CST 2002

I recently had similar errors when my cable company stopped sending DNS info
with DHCP requests.  So what happened is I had an IP, but I couldn't go
anywhere.  Sucks.  I had my Linux router working, but it couldn't pick up
the DNS info and pass it on.  In the router logs I would see similar
messages but with a log of the internal IP that made the request.  If you do
an nslookup on an IP you may also get a failure msg like this.  But I did a
"nslookup www.comcast.net" and got a response as to what their name servers
were.  Bingo, the DNS info I needed.
Brian Kelsay