off-topic - real player streaming video editing?

Eric Rossiter rossiter at discoverynet.com
Tue Mar 26 19:23:35 CST 2002

Good Day Lugites,

I realize this is off topic, but I hope you'll forgive me.  There are
several extremely intelligent members of this LUG with diversified
knowledge, and I hope someone here can help me.

I'm trying to figure out if there is a way to cut a piece of video out
of a RealPlayer streaming media file (.ram file.)  The UDE recently had
there Science Olympiad and they taped the event and stream it as a .ram
file.  A friend of mines daughter sang the National Anthem at this event
and we are trying to figure out how to cut about 6 minutes (the video of
her) out of this 1 hour and 34 minute file.

I found a utility that will allow me to convert a .ram to a .avi, but I
believe you have to have the file locally, and I can't even figure out
how to get the file from the Univ.of Deleware.

So, that's it in a nutshell. I want to cut a particular length of file
out of Real Player .ram file that is streamed from a remote server (I
think I splained it right *shrugs*).

If anyone can be of service, or point me in the right direction, I would
be eternally grateful.

Thank you again for your time,
Eric Rossiter