SSL and SSH

Brian Densmore DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com
Thu Mar 21 19:19:52 CST 2002

Static linking is generally a very bad thing. Think about all those
applications out there that are static linked to zlib 1.1.3. They all
now have to be recompiled with zlib 1.1.4 to fix the "double free" root
exploit. Anyone figured out how to use it yet? Please don't post it, if
you have. I am just wondering. I haven't figured out a way to exploit
from an external machine. I could write a program to do it, but then the
problem is to get it on to a box and then execute it. I'm not sure how
you would do it without putting your own trojan on the box first. So you
would have to have an exploit to exploit the exploit!? That new PHP
exploit actually sounds rather bad though.

Brian