X question

Rusty kujayhawkbb at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 16 22:56:56 CST 2002

I answered my question about networking - the file I was looking
for was /etc/modules.conf, if anyone else found themselves
wondering....

(I'm running RH 7.2, btw)

Now, I have to reduce my screensize for connection to an
external monitor and when I switch my local screen to 800x600
from 1024x768 I still have the virtual screen size...which means
I have to scroll to see the whole desktop. (Personally, I
dislike that, although I know some who actually like it...to
each his own). I went' thru the XF86Config file, and find no
reference to the virtual desk (as I had expected). Can anyone
tell me how to change that setting? I suppose I could re-run
Xconfigurator and just select the 800x600 size as default, but I
really want to know where these config files are instead of
always relying on a utility to do it for me.

Thanks in advance...
rb