New Distro

Brian Densmore DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com
Fri Mar 15 14:48:02 CST 2002

Hmm, that looks interesting. It couldn't hurt to support both apt and
rpm. Especially if
we can make the apt-rpm treat rpm's like apt packages and just go get
whatever updates
are needed when installing. This may just be the magic bullet to Linux
installation.
What do the rest of you think? I really appreciate your input on this.

Also, I hope to have a complete "proof of concept" install disk by the
end of the month.
Would any one be interested is seeing a demo of it at say the April 3rd
demoday?

I plan on stealing RH's 6.2 Anaconda install and ripping it up and
rebuilding it for my needs.
It's written in Python! (so I may have both a text and GUI install,
depending on the amount of shredding I can do; [ volunteers are always
welcome ;') ])

Thanks,
Brian