Mouse voodoo?

Bradley Miller bradmiller at dslonramp.com
Tue Mar 12 00:45:46 CST 2002

At 11:59 PM 3/10/02 -0600, Duane Attaway wrote:
<<SNIP>>
>First, in /etc/XF86Config, xfree chases down the mouse with this:
<<SNIP>>
>http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/mini/3-Button-Mouse-5.html

Thanks!  After standing on my head a few times and sacrificing the live
chicken . . . it finally works.  I even have AUDIO!!  It turns out the
mouse I was using was being autodetected in Windows.  It worked there, I
swapped it to COM2 and tried it again.  It still worked in Windows but not
in Linux.  I had a regular mouse (A4-Tech cheapie) and plugged it in and
Windows still worked.  Then I tried "gpm -t ms" and it started working.
After playing with X11R4 Config file I got it to see the mouse.  Whew!

Not bad for Peanut Linux -- 425Mb of size.  Very cool on a P120Mhz box . .
. next up, installing something to play my MP3's.

-- Bradley Miller