Web Hosting Recommendations?

DCT Jared Smith jared at dctkc.com
Wed Mar 6 15:34:11 CST 2002

Go here:

http://www.phpwebhosting.com

If you're familiar with shell commands
and don't need to call tech support for
little things, then these folks are exactly
what you're looking for. They use only
e-mail support, but I've been using them
for well over a year now, and they've
always responded within a couple of
hours, with competent and friendly help.

Ten dollars a month. Targetted to geeks.
As you can see by their name, they
specialize in making php available, but I
have pushed them in other areas, and find
them to be solid, and worth recommending.

They give you 125 megs to begin, with
the ability to ask and receive more; on one
account I've got 400 megs, and the other
one is at the default. About 99 percent of
the time I get a quick connection; one time
I accidentally left a SSH session logged
in all night and it was still open the next
morning... I like 'em.

-Jared