Web hosting services

zscoundrel zscoundrel at kc.rr.com
Sun Jun 30 15:44:31 CDT 2002

The best (well, kindest!) way to describe the group is
recreation/re-enactors.  They are mostly well educated people that are
interested in studying and recreating the middle ages. (600 to 1600 AD)

In some ways they are like the KC Renaissance festival, but more
historically accurate, with real tournament style fighting, garb, food
and scholarly studies of the art and science of the time period.  Unlike
the renfest, we have events year round and we are much more serious
about the scholarly aspects.  It is a great group, but one that has to
be experienced to be believed!

I am working up the official web site for the local KC chapter and need
to find hosting services for the web pages and email for the officers.
Currently it is located on my personal RR homepage, but because of
issues in the past with previous web masters, the group wants it hosted
on an independent commercial server so it isn't the personal property of
  any one person.  (Each time the web master changes, we practically
have to recreate the site, and that is counter productive to growing a
viable site.)  I am comparison shopping right now to find the best place
to have it hosted.