sendmail mystery

Mark Hutchings desynergy at onebox.com
Sat Jun 29 21:37:53 CDT 2002

The release notes state: By default, sendmail does not accept network
connections from any host other than the local computer.

To fix this problem:
Edit the file: /etc/mail/sendmail.mc

Change the local address defined in the DAEMON_OPTIONS line(127.0.0.1)to
0.0.0.0
so that it accepts from all IPs.

You will then need to regenerate /etc/sendmail.cf by running:

m4 /etc/mail/sendmail.mc > /etc/sendmail.cf

--
Mark Hutchings
desynergy at onebox.com - email