cloning a drive

Marvin GodfatherofSoul Bellamy mbellamy at kc.rr.com
Thu Jun 27 20:07:09 CDT 2002

This is a Windows/DOS question, but does anyone know of a freeware
application for doing a sort of rawrite of one partition's (drive
letter's) data to another?  Here's some background.  I had an unused 1.2
GB drive as well as my 15GB drive.  I thought it would be neat to run
Win98 and my "/" partition on this 1.2 drive.  Like a fool, I thought
400MB would be enough space for the Win98 partition.  Well, it's
definitely enough space, but I didn't account for all of the programs
that default to c:windowstemp for extracting compresses files (out of
my control) or simply assume I wanted to install to the c: drive.

I'm writing this off as a dumb experiment, so I'd like to just copy my
Windows installation to the good drive and pitch the smaller one.