Clarification Re: You want hardware, I've got hardware

plastic quart plasticquart at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 25 21:25:03 CDT 2002

I've received a bunch of questions concerning several issues... so to save
everyone some time, I'll address as many as possible here:

1. I am a licensed reseller, although this certainly isn't my focus as the
Neweggs of the world have that market covered pretty well.
2. I custom build systems for a myriad of people/business, hence my access
to some rather tasty pricing.
3. I handle support issues as most any business would:
    a. DOA (Dead On Arrival) components will be replaced immediately.
    b. Problems that can be addressed by the manufacturer will be
       addressed to the manufacturer.
    c. Full Refunds must be requested within 14 days of purchase
       (due to the fluctuating prices of components, it is just not
       economical to offer more than 2 weeks for a full refund).
    d. Exchanges must be requested within 30 days of purchase.
4. No Shipping/Handling charges if you are close to the KC area.
5. Taxes are built-in to the stated pricing. (Yes, you read that correctly.)

6. Monitors: Tons of monitor questions. Yes, I can get them. If you know
what you want, just ask me. Ex. Viewsonic E90FB (beautiful 19" Black
monitor) for $271.

7. Cases: Tons of case questions. Yes, I can get them from many different
manufactures (from Kingwin to Lian-Li to AOpen and more). If you know what
you want, or need a recommendation, just ask me.

8. Motherboards: Yes. Yes. And yes. I can get motherboards from just about
anyone. (Ex. ECS K7S5A (inexpensive, yet very nice AMD XP motherboard) for
$60).

9. RAM: All RAM modules are Micron or Samsung - pick one (although I can get
other kinds). As for my preference... I prefer Samsung and use them in
almost all of my systems, as most post-production resellers (OCZ, etc) use
Samsung sticks as well (which is a testament to their quality).

10. Price list. I don't have one. As I mentioned above, reselling components
isn't my focus, and I don't want it to be. But I also don't mind helping out
local individuals who want to get their hands on nice equipment for a decent
price. With that being said... I am very easy-going, so if you have a
question, just ask.

11. Recommendations.  ("What do you recommend?") I get this all the time,
and truth-be-told, I am fairly well versed as to what components make the
best systems. If you need advice or want to know about a particular
component, just drop me an email. Like most of you, I love this stuff and
don't mind helping out.

Ok, that should just about do it.

Thanks,
Kirk