VMWare for Linux

Michael mogmios at mlug.missouri.edu
Sun Jun 23 04:21:34 CDT 2002

My experience was that you needed to have enough RAM for both Linux and
VMWare.. I'd suggest at least 256M and 512M is better. I wouldn't try
running any speed intensive apps on it but for running something like IE
or M$ Office it is okay. Expect apps to run as if on a machine half or a
third as fast as your real machine. So for a 400Mhz machine they might
feel like they are running on a 150-200Mhz machine. That one program that
emulates only Windows (I forget the name.. Win4Lin maybe?) seems to run
faster and might work better for you if you only want to run Windows apps.

The girl who stoops to conquer usually wears a low-cut dress.

Michael McGlothlin <mogmios at mlug.missouri.edu>
http://mlug.missouri.edu/~mogmios/projects/