Quota query

dattaway at attaway.net dattaway at attaway.net
Sat Jun 22 15:52:02 CDT 2002

On Sat, 22 Jun 2002, Jonathan Hutchins wrote:

> I uploaded a bunch of stuff to a quota'd system as root, stored it and
> chown/chgroup'ed it to on user, then moved/chown/chgroup'ed it to another
> user.  It put the first user over quota, and even though it's no nonger
> under his name or directory, repquota still reports him as overquota.

Is quotacheck running periodicly in crond?  I think this would catch this
condition.  It seems to me that the quota system didn't catch this,
because someone other than the user moved his bits around.  Sneaky.  I
think quotacheck would update his quota counter:

http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/mini/Quota-6.html#ss6.1

--
Why drive a car when you can ride a bike?
http://attaway.net                 http://counter.li.org   user #142150