HOLY CRAP . . . just installed Mandrake 8.2

Michael mogmios at mlug.missouri.edu
Sat Jun 22 07:41:00 CDT 2002

Do you run Ximian's own release of Gnome? Typically it looks a lot better
than what comes with the distros and the Red Carpet program does a nice
job upgrading things as needed. If you're impressed with Evolution maybe
they have some other stuff you'd like to try.

I'll also say this about Linux and cd-r/rw's.. I've never burned a coaster
under Linux. I've used several very different machines, with different
distros, different cd-r/rw drives, and different cd-r/rw blanks and I do
quite a bit of burning and I've just never had a bad burn. Under Windows,
even on the same machines, coasters are common but never with Linux. I
never use any graphical tools to burn under Linux and for the most part
haven't needed to. For data discs it's as simple as telling my burn script
what iso or directory to use as the source. Music cd's and vcd's can be a
little trickier but if there is a problem it won't be with the disc
burning process.

The girl who stoops to conquer usually wears a low-cut dress.

Michael McGlothlin <mogmios at mlug.missouri.edu>
http://mlug.missouri.edu/~mogmios/projects/