What local computer shop do you frequent?

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at opus1.com
Fri Jun 21 17:19:57 CDT 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mark Hutchings" <desynergy at onebox.com>

> What local computer shop do you frequent?
> ... Trying to figure out who's the cheapest in town, ...

A lot of us like Payless Computers at 81st. and Wornal
(http://www.paylesscomputers.com).  They may not have the rock-bottom-est
prices, but they have great customer service, and you can be pretty sure
that if they stock something it's not going to turn out to be unusable or
incompatible.  There are shops in town that will sell you gear that they
haven't tested or built into machines they distribute (and service)
themselves, and if there's a problem with it you're likely to find that the
only English speaker in the building just left for lunch, or encounter
"Sorry, no returns if opened".  "But it's OEM, all you guys gave me was this
open anti-static bag.".  "Sorry, store policy.  Next"!