Star Office Problem

Robert Kennedy erwin_k_r at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 20 23:56:07 CDT 2002

Hi All,

We had a momemtary power lose during the last monsoon.

When I brought up the system again all seemed normal.

Then I tried to boot StarOffice. When I launch it from
the icon it brings up the busy pointer, adds the app
to the task bar, and finally brings up the Sun
copyright sign.

Then it hangs. The task bar widget goes away, but the
Sun sign stays on all work screens and nothing can get
in front of it. I have let it hang for about 30
minutes, no difference. I have logged out and back on,
no help. I've shut the machine down completely, no
help.

However it seems to work fine when my daughter is
logged on.

Any suggestions other than reinstalling? (Suse 7.3.)

Best,
Bob Kennedy