dhcpcd problem

jose sanchez j_r_sanchez at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 20 20:12:02 CDT 2002

Hello:

I have a system connected to a hub that's connected to
a cable modem (w/ RR). There are about seven other
systems connected to this hub, they all are getting
their dynamic IPs. The system lasted over a month with
an IP but now has lost it. I can't get the system to
get an IP from the modem or RR's dhcp server. I've
tried:

/sbin/dhcpcd eth0,

I have restarted the system and nothing. When the
system is coming up after a reboot it shows an error
message saying that it cannot determine the ip
address.

The network-script ifcfg-eth0 looks like this:
PROTO: dhcp
ONBOOT: yes

I don't know what else to try. Could the modem be
programmed to assign up to a certain number of IPs?

Thanks in advance for your help.

=====
"An ounce of gold cannot buy an ounce of time."
- Anonymous

www.whmicro.com