WhatsUp Gold Replacement

Mark Hutchings desynergy at onebox.com
Wed Jun 19 20:26:05 CDT 2002

Hello group.  Quick question.

I have a new client that is in trouble for running illegal software.
They hired my services to make them legit within the next 90 days before
they get audited.  Not a problem. We've actually saved them alot of time
and money by switching several basic Windows 2000 servers to linux to
do almost the same thing. (Another cusomer dumping Exchange and going
to linux!).  On thing they use tho, is WhatsUp Gold.  If your not familiar
with this program, it's a GUI utility that pings IP addresses/hostnames
within a specified amount of time, and if it's up, it has a little green
flag to it.  If it's down, it turns red.  They need a utility like this,
and I'm trying to find an opensource/openlicense one that I can install
for them with RH 7.3 and KDE desktop.  Any suggestions?

--
Mark Hutchings
desynergy at onebox.com - email