SuSE for PowerPC

Brian Densmore DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com
Wed Jun 19 16:05:27 CDT 2002

Well, this sucks! Looks like:

a) It is an older version (7.1 not 7.3)
b) there is no iso.

The easiest way is to pull down an iso image. It doesn't look like they
have any images.

The files can be found here:
ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/suse/ppc/7.1/suse/
The index file will tell you what is in each group. You will need to
download the groups you
want, download the boot files you want and make your own iso.
WARNING: this is not for the uninitiated.

You might want to check out:
http://www.linuxiso.org/ for other distros for PPC that do actually have
iso images.

Can we assume you know how to burn a CD?

Brian