[OT] HDD question

Michael mogmios at mlug.missouri.edu
Wed Jun 19 03:07:25 CDT 2002

You can destroy a hdd remotely but I'd say the chances of a your friend
running into somebody that knew how and having nothing better to do fairly
remote. What kind of drive is it? If he boots from a clean non-WinNT boot
floppy does the hdd show up okay? If the data on the hdd is all lost
anyway I'd try throwing in a Linux installation cd and seeing if it can
work with the hdd okay. Apart from that you should try it in another
machine to make sure his BIOS wasn't somehow fried to not detect the hdd.