Audiogalaxy Replacement

J. Eric Gilliland patzeric at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 18 05:11:27 CDT 2002

I have used LimeWire Pro and like it.  The Pro version is
only $15 and contains no spyware or adware.  It is also
available for linux.  There is also a free version that has
ads, but I think it is worth the $15.  Selection is pretty
good; I have found some moderately rare things.

Hope this helps.

Eric Gilliland

--- ald <ald at dovienya.net> wrote:
> I've been using Audiogalaxy for some time.  The satellite
> runs nice and
> quietly in the background, notifies me when a song as
> been downloaded.
> The selection was great, yadda yadda... Some legal
> actions against
> Audiogalaxy have destroyed their selection, so I need a
> new means of audio
> file transfer.  Is there a good Audiogalaxy-replacement,
> with a Linux
> client, preferably something that doesn't use a GUI?
>
> ~ald
>

> majordomo at kclug.org

=====
J. Eric Gilliland
patzeric at yahoo.com
And gentlemen in England now a-bed
Shall think themselves accursed they were not here,
And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
That fought with us upon Saint Crispin's day.
                                  Henry V Act 4 Scene 3