gentoo on a toshiba tecra 8000

Becker, Rob Becker at celeritas.com
Mon Jun 17 16:44:59 CDT 2002

I'm trying to install gentoo on a tecra 8000.  I have it up and running but X is giving me a rough
time.  I know what video chipset is installed in this laptop, but it doesn't show up as an option
in the database list in xf86config.  I have redhat 7.3 running on another tecra 8000.  Are there
enough similarities between Gentoo and Redhat from an X standpoint that I can just copy the
XF86Config from the redhat box to the gentoo box?  What is the XF86Config-4 on redhat?  I've done a
bit of reading on the XFree site, but I'm still pretty confused as to how to build a proper
XF86Config file for this machine.  Any help greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
Rob