Wal-Mart shipping PCs with Lindows preinstalled

zscoundrel zscoundrel at kc.rr.com
Mon Jun 17 15:05:59 CDT 2002

Probably not the best thing for Linux, but it is a good thing for the
industry.  Wal-Mart is a 600 pound gorilla in retail sales and they are
NOT afraid to throw their weight around.

I am sure this is just a ploy to get better terms from the Hell Hounds
in Redmond, but we may benefit from it.  If they are going to offer
Linux machines, I suspect that they will then start to offer after
market apps.

BTW, Sams Club has been offering boxed RedHat linux since back in the
5.1/5.2 days. . . I bought several versions from them.