NFS lockd and statd fail after power surge

jd0g mail at justinmwright.com
Thu Jun 13 00:54:36 CDT 2002

I am running Redhat 7.x and have had no problems until now.  After two power
failures, two days in a row, the linux box now can't connect to the network,
connect: Network is unreachable.  I get the following error messages on
bootup:
lockd [FAILED]
statd [FAILED]
RPC: sendmsg returned error 101
RPC: sendmsg returned error 101
RPC: sendmsg returned error 101
RPC: sendmsg returned error 101
portmap: server localhost not responding, timed out
RPC: sendmsg returned error 101
RPC: sendmsg returned error 101
RPC: sendmsg returned error 101
RPC: sendmsg returned error 101
lockd_up: makesock failed, error=-5
RPC: sendmsg returned error 101
RPC: sendmsg returned error 101
RPC: sendmsg returned error 101
RPC: sendmsg returned error 101
lockdsvc: Input/output error

and then the computer boots just fine.
eth0 and lo interfaces initialize without errors, but I can't ping,
traceroute anything, not even localhost or 127.0.0.1 and no other computers
can ping it either.  The NIC card seems to be working ( the LEDs light up ).

Any suggestions, ideas?