What's wrong with the market?

Marvin GodfatherofSoul Bellamy mbellamy at kc.rr.com
Mon Jun 10 18:21:35 CDT 2002

I help people with homework assignments/personal projects at
RentACoder.com, but there are paying job offers there, too.  I don't
think the prices for the contract work is very high.  One annoying
problem is that some dishonest people will imply that they've given you
an assignment, when they've said the same thing to a host of others.  I
do it for the rating, not pay, but it's annoying doing the work but not
getting a rating for it because someone else finished the work 1 hr
before you.  Just make sure that you've got the assignment before you
start in on it.

Another problem is all communication has to go through their slow web
GUIs so that they can track you communications and make sure you're not
passing cash under the table.