More fuel on overseas jobs fire . .

Michael mogmios at mlug.missouri.edu
Fri Jun 7 21:55:37 CDT 2002

I agree that people in other countries deserve their jobs just as much as
we deserve ours. My complaints start when I find out that those people who
are taking the jobs aren't being paid decently for their work which is why
they are cheaper and can beat me in my bids. I actually like online
bidding services in this way as it lets foreign workers compete with us
on a more level ground. They may be cheaper than us still but at least I'm
more sure they are making a reasonable wage from their efforts.

I'd like it if it were easier for me to move to those other countries and
work too. I'm all for open borders both ways. I'd love to have a
programming job in Italy or Germany if it paid well enough that I could
come back to visit my family often.

I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it.

Michael McGlothlin <mogmios at mlug.missouri.edu>
http://mlug.missouri.edu/~mogmios/projects/