Read the fine print, Mr. Smith is certainly correct...

Dustin Decker dustind at moon-lite.com
Thu Jun 6 19:19:14 CDT 2002

From: http://www.faqs.org/faqs/usenet/legends/godwin/

6.  "Hitler!"  Ha!  The thread is over!

	Nope, doesn't work that way.  Not only is it wrong to say that a
thread is over when Godwin's Law is invoked anyway (Usenet threads
virtually always outlive their usefulness), but long ago a corollary to
the Law was proposed and accepted by Taki "Quirk" Kogama
(quirk at swcp.com):

 	Quirk's Exception: Intentional invocation of this so-called
		     "Nazi Clause" is ineffectual.

	Sorry, folks.  Nice try, though.

/me wanders off to do something completely worthless with his time...
Dustin

--
*-----------------------------------*
| Dustin Decker                     |
| dustind at moon-lite.com       *-----------------------------------------*
| http://dustin.moon-lite.com | These are the times that try men's      |
| Moon-Lite Computing         | souls.  The summer soldier and the      |
| 913.579.7117                | sunshine patriot will, in this crisis,  |
*-----------------------------| shrink from the service of their        |
                              | country; but he that stands now,        |
                              | deserves the love and thanks of man and |
                              | woman.  Tyranny, like hell, is not      |
                              | easily conquered; yet we have this      |
                              | consolation with us, that the harder the|
                              | conflict, the more glorious the triumph.|
                              |		-- Thomas Paine, 1778           |