What's wrong with the market?

Michael mogmios at mlug.missouri.edu
Wed Jun 5 23:50:19 CDT 2002

I've been looking for a steady IT job for over a year since I lost my last
job. Am reduced to doing non-geek stuff which I hate. I get some
consulting work but not enough to keep the rent paid. What jobs that do
exist want stupid things. I saw someone looking for an entry level web
admin with a masters degree and ten years experience. How many people have
ten years experience as a web admin? Any? Argh. I'm a pretty good
programmer and sysadmin and I work cheap but I still get like no call
backs and those I do get are from companies halfway across the country.

It pisses me off seeing schools still pushing people into IT degrees even
if they aren't good at this field. It helped screw the job market and they
are still making it worse. Knowing how to play Minesweeper doesn't qualify
someone to be a technician or programmer. :P

I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it.

Michael McGlothlin <mogmios at mlug.missouri.edu>
http://mlug.missouri.edu/~mogmios/projects/