blowing off microsoft stink

Duane Attaway dattaway at attaway.org
Mon Jun 3 15:50:39 CDT 2002

On Mon, 3 Jun 2002, Jeremy Fowler wrote:

> Hmmm, I highly doubt that. First, you can't put an nVidia graphics card
> in a 386, there is no AGP or PCI slots available (and a 386 doesn't have
> enough juice to push it).

Why not?  We only need a little bit of solder and decoding circuitry to
wire up any one of those PCI and AGP bridge chips.  I have always wanted
to see a 386 used to its potential.  We could bridge up a few dozen pci
slots and control the world with a 386.  An nVidia GPU too?  Absolutely!

> Second, the X-box has an Intel 733Mhz PIII in them, this will run
> circles around that 386 and you WILL notice the difference.

Back in my 386 days, we used coprocessors to speed up the anemic
lobotomized intel cpu's.  See where I am going with this?  Now,
*technicially* that would be a 386 system, but with just a bit of help.
I have seen strange things before...