extreme programming?

Dbwizzard at aol.com Dbwizzard at aol.com
Sat Jun 1 04:11:51 CDT 2002

In a message dated 5/31/02 11:49:25 AM Central Daylight Time,
patzeric at yahoo.com writes:

> http://www.salon.com/tech/feature/2002/05/29/extreme_programming/index.html

This article is about 50/50;  50% gems of wisdom/insight & 50% extreme hype
and overstatement.  This may work well in environments where an application's
life expectancy is less then 5 years.  But in my company they often extend 10
or more years.  With that much maintenance across a small army of
employee/consultant/out-sourced programmers I get very nervous about the lack
of good documentation.
On whole I'd say there's too much hype to really impress me.

My opinion only of course,
Mike Shaw