Metered Access

Bradley Miller bradmiller at dslonramp.com
Wed Jan 30 02:48:01 CST 2002

At 08:42 PM 1/29/02 -0600, you wrote:
>Has everyone heard Sprints new brilliant commercial.  "Only pay for the time
>your on!" Great so now they are trying to sell me dialup again. And let me
>guess its going to be cheaper! Yeah until the cable modems go out of
>business and then you'll be wishing for one. Thanks Sprint but once again
>I'll point out WE'RE SMARTER THAN YOU!

Actually what you caught was probably the new pre-paid Internet access they
are selling through local Quicktrip stores.  Personally, when I go out of
town this might be a pretty viable option to dial-in and connect, without
needing to have a regular ISP connection.  I think there's a niche market
for access like this, and it will appeal to people that don't live on the
net.   Someone checking email once a week would be great for this type of
service.

-- Bradley Miller