off-topic debate of the century [was: smooth surfing Was: ...NAT users]

KRFinch at dstsystems.com KRFinch at dstsystems.com
Tue Jan 29 15:47:59 CST 2002

Hear! Hear!

<getting on soapbox>

I don't have broadband at home because I think it's a waste of money for
the quality of service I would get.  Obviously, several of you agree with
me, but some of you are paying for it anyway.  I think that about covers
all of the points I find relevant to my situation.  I would venture a guess
that aside from the couple of people perpetuating this debate, that covers
most everyone else too.  Any further beating of this dead parrot should
probably be taken off-list, it has been nailed to the perch for far too
long.

By the way, I think that the "all you have to do is hit delete" is the same
argument that spammers use to legitimize their wasting of my time with
fruitless email that doesn't concern me.  Shame on you.  :)  Anyone worried
about the bandwidth SPAM takes up should take a look at the 30+ message
history of this "discussion".

<getting off soapbox>

Thanks!

Kevin Finch
Network Administrator
DST Systems, Inc.
816/435-6039
krfinch at dstsystems.com

                    "Brian Densmore"

                    <DensmoreB at ctbsonline.        To:     "Jonathan Hutchins" <hutchins at opus1.com>,
"KCLUG
                    com>                          (E-mail)" <kclug at kclug.org>

                    Sent by:                      cc:

                    owner-kclug at marauder.i        Subject:     RE: off-topic debate of the century
[was: smooth
                    lliana.net                    surfing Was: ...NAT users]

                    01/29/2002 08:25 AM

Ah.. But he does have a valid point. This thread has degenerated into a
fruitless argument between a few users trying to convince each other by
going round in circles. Haven't seen a new argument on this off-topic
thread for some long time. And I doubt any of you will change each
others minds.

If you didn't want to read this please click the next button now.
;')

This e-mail and any attachments are intended only for the individual or
company to which it is addressed and may contain information which is
privileged, confidential and prohibited from disclosure or unauthorized use
under applicable law.  If you are not the intended recipient of this
e-mail, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, or copying of
this e-mail or the information contained in this e-mail is strictly
prohibited by the sender.  If you have received this transmission in error,
please return the material received to the sender and delete all copies
from your system.