mandrake's mods to the OS (was Re: New distro)

Brian Densmore DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com
Tue Jan 29 14:40:40 CST 2002

Well so far I have only discovered the custom:
 KDE package and menu structure,
 rpm package,
 iptables,
 networking scripts,
 networking configuration,
 Bastille package,
 and gnome package.

But as anyone who has tried installing a Redhat rpm on a Mandrake
system lately knows is that it doesn't necessarily work. This is
strange since Mandrake is "100% Redhat compatible".