cd drives and red hat 7.2

JD Runyan Jason.Runyan at NITCKC.USDA.Gov
Mon Jan 28 17:53:24 CST 2002

CD writers often are recognized as SCSI devices.  My mandrake install
shows my writer as /dev/scd0.  You may try checking for scsi devices.
This is done even the devices are ATAPI, because to burn the cd it
looks for a scsi device.  Windows Burning Software does the same thing,
and in 2K often the device shows up as a scsi drive.

--
JD Runyan
		"You can't milk a point."