cd drives and red hat 7.2

Steve King genesix at hotpop.com
Mon Jan 28 17:28:46 CST 2002

any ideas as to why it would detect it to do an install, then after a
reboot it can't even find it?

copy of lilo.conf:

prompt
timeout=50
default=linux
boot=/dev/hda
map=/boot/map
install=/boot/boot.b
message=/boot/message
lba32

image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.4.7-10
    label=linux
    initrd=/boot/initrd-2.4.7-10.img
    read-only
    root=/dev/hda3
    append="hdb=ide-scsi"
copy of fstab:

LABEL=/                 /                       ext3    defaults        1 1
LABEL=/boot             /boot                   ext3    defaults        1 2
none                    /dev/pts                devpts  gid=5,mode=620  0 0
none                    /proc                   proc    defaults        0 0
none                    /dev/shm                tmpfs   defaults        0 0
/dev/hda2               swap                    swap    defaults        0 0
/dev/hdb1               /mnt/cdrom              iso9660
noauto,owner,kudzu,ro 0 0
/dev/fd0                /mnt/floppy             auto
noauto,owner,kudzu 0 0