Comcast/etc....

JD Runyan Jason.Runyan at NITCKC.USDA.Gov
Sat Jan 26 16:32:37 CST 2002

Yet another send to me, and not the list.
----- Forwarded message from Patrick Miller <pert at ygbd.tas-kc.com> -----

From: Patrick Miller <pert at ygbd.tas-kc.com>
To: jfowler at westrope.com (Jeremy Fowler, CNA)
Subject: Re: Comcast/etc....

That is why you meter on bandwidth used. Not bandwidth available.

Sure you might want to pay more for faster speeds, but the company won't
care so much if you paid for the data you use instead of solely bandwidth
available. If you pay more after X gigs in a month. They will
be able to afford to buy a bigger pipe. You will get to use the connection
how you want 10 PC's or 1; server or browser.

Who is the bigger abuser--- which system would you prefer

40 gigs in a month pushing 384 k all month

or

someone who uses 4 M/s a few times a week and averages 128k/sec over the
whole month less than 15 gigs a month.

If I were to pay $50/month and able to use 25 gigs and get speeds upto 6
megs I would love it. If I used more than 25 gigs charge me $3 or $4/gig.

Now the 40 gig guy  is paying his share to widen the road.
 $50 + 45 (60) = $95 ($110)

ISP's  would love to have a fast system/network because the users will be
happy and they won't lose $$$ they will make more $$  if someone uses 100
gigs a month.

----- End forwarded message -----

--
JD Runyan