the value of software does not reside in the source code

Marvin Bellamy Marvin.Bellamy at innovision.com
Mon Jan 21 15:37:39 CST 2002

I disagree with you, here...then I'm not totally sold on the open source
movement.  I work for a small company with a niche market.  If our code
was open source, it'd be damned easy for others to encroach on our turf.
 I don't think you can assume honesty on the part of other companies.
 Look at M$.  If they have the opportunity, they'll steal code and
attrit the little guy with litigation.