Build system from scratch?

Brian Densmore DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com
Fri Jan 18 20:35:27 CST 2002

Was that flamebait? I'd like to interject here.
Umm what about ABit? This is an excellent MoBo maker.
You should know that if you're talking about overclocking.

> never seen such a horrible selection.  I have never told
> anyone to buy an
> Azza, and when I have had friends decide to go off on their
Who the he** is AZZA? I looked at the site also. Was not impressed.

> own and be cheap
> asses and get one, they later either fried out their mobo or were just
> unhappy with the lack luster performance.  There really is a
> difference
> between a 120 dollar mobo and a 66 dollar Azza one.
>
> An 8 dollar heatsink for an Athlon XP 1900, yeah, right,
> somehow I don't
> think that is quite adequate.  I mean, it might get the job done, but
> really, a good heatsink is a nice investment in system
> stability under high
> load conditions or overclocked situations.  They only offer one
> heatsink...that is shocking.
Mine wasn't all that expensive, but is rated quite high and was a choice
of DukeofUrl.

> Please, don't build yourself the cheap-ass system.  I think
> you will regret
> it.  If you have SCSI right now, you obviously have some
> class about you as
> far as your computer goes.  You know what is good and are
> willing to spend
> some extra money to get it.  Stick to the Jedi path, these
> people probably
> aren't worth dealing with.  Something about them just seems
> odd or wrong to
> my intuition.
'nuf said.

$.02,