Build system from scratch?

Daryl dfallin at kc.rr.com
Wed Jan 16 19:09:42 CST 2002

Ok..  well looks like I need another PC and I am trying to decide if I am
going to build my own or try and buy a system from Dell/Compaq or somebody
since things are so cheap.

Anyway.. I am looking for opinions?  If I build my own system is there a
hot motherboard that anyone could recommend?  Which Motherboard on the
market has the best configuration/options.  CPU  Intel?  AMD?  opinions?

Opinions on a particular already built system?  Dell?  Compaq?  others?

of course if someone knows of a website that already has this kind of
information please point me to that direction.

My use of the machine will be a desktop machine.  Must be able to support
High End Video and CD/DVD Burning... running Dual Boot of Linux and
Windows.

Thanks

Daryl