Intro

MBSmith at dstsystems.com MBSmith at dstsystems.com
Tue Jan 15 17:18:06 CST 2002

I signed up to the list a few days ago, and now that I've started
contributing I thought I'd better introduce myself.  I've been playing
with Linux for a while now, with my experience being (in order);

Slackware - too long ago to remember, but I was a newbie and got it
running fine
Caldera - went for the out-of-box experience, worked well, dropped it
after disliking the company (can't remember why)
Debian - I like the true 'free' approach, but didn't spend the time to get
it running as I liked
Red Hat - works great, but feels too corporate for some reason
Mandrake - great install, too many tools and options for maintaining (too
friendly?)
SuSE - I'm using it now, seems slick, and fast

Debian stilll interests me (I need to get over wanting the latest and
greatest), and am curious about Gentoo - anyone tried their dists?

My employer is DST Technologies, working in a Solaris environment, with
lots of play toys (I'm trying to slip some Linux in here when no one is
watching).  I'll try and make the meeting tonight, hope to see you there.

Cheers
Mark Smith

This e-mail and any attachments are intended only for the individual or
company to which it is addressed and may contain information which is
privileged, confidential and prohibited from disclosure or unauthorized
use under applicable law.  If you are not the intended recipient of this
e-mail, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, or copying of
this e-mail or the information contained in this e-mail is strictly
prohibited by the sender.  If you have received this transmission in
error, please return the material received to the sender and delete all
copies from your system.