D-link DI704 & Comcast Cable or SBC DSL?

Gene Dascher gedascher at multiservice.com
Tue Jan 15 13:08:10 CST 2002

OK Bill, since you work for Comcast, I'm going to pump you for information
that I cannot glean from the Fair use or End User agreement.  Are there
going to be upload/download limits now?  Is there an email attachment size
limit?  Who can we contact to express our GREAT displeasure with the
VPN-usage ban?  That one really irks me, because that is the only way that I
can effectively get into my work without actually going in.  I have to
connect to my work through a VPN for MAYBE 30 minutes a month, and I'm not
about to pay an extra $50/month to allow me to do that.  I can understand
the ban on extensive use, but not casual use; that is stupid.

<rant>
Comcast had better watch their step, because I already know 1 person who is
switching to DSL because of the changeover and new policies.  I also know
more people who are thinking about it.  I can't yet because DSL is not
available in my area...yet.
</rant>

OK.  I feel better now!

One more thing.  While I was switching over from my static IP to using DHCP
last night, I tried using pump, but it failed every time.  Then I tried
dhcpcd, and it worked great.  What is the advantage (if any) of using pump
over dhcpcd?

Thanks,
Gene