Cleaning the basement...

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at opus1.com
Mon Jan 14 03:16:36 CST 2002

> On Sun, Jan 13, 2002 at 07:59:04PM -0600, Jonathan Hutchins wrote:

> I'm clearing out four 386/486 PC's and two servers...

> Man, there's more stuff down there than I thought.  Three
> more cases, two of which I know are empty ... some other stuff...

> From: Andrew Brink [mailto:abrink at ns.brink.cx]
> How about donating them to the Independence School District...

Ok, here's the deal:  I'm going to complete the inventory - looks like it'll
take an evening or two, as I intend to try to boot every machine and open
each case to give you a full description.  If there's data on anything, I'll
wipe it, but leave a base OS so you can tell what works to start with.

If somebody wants a specific piece, they get first dibs.  For instance,
Andrew Brink wants at least a working AT power supply.  Fine, he gets the
least of the AT cases, and whatever else he wants.  As it stands now, ISD
gets whatever he doesn't take.

There's some decent stuff here, an SP-97V, two cool server cases, and I may
throw in some other stuff I probably won't get around to using.

Let me post the inventory, speak up if you want specific pieces, and we'll
try to get the basement cleaned out by next weekend.

Tell ya what, to settle disputes if more than one person wants a specific
piece, we'll take "bids" of donations to the KCLUG general fund (we have one
don't we?).