VMware and X

J Greene j_a_greene at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 10 21:35:34 CST 2002

OK... this may be a little off but here it goes...

After you boot your guest OS (Linux) mount the cdrom without a CD in the
drive. mount /dev/cdrom /cdrom

Even though there is no cd in the driver there will be a file in /cdrom

Copy this file to your local drive. Some place like /usr/src and extract
it and install it.  It is a rather simple process.

This is documented on the VMware site but it is almost impossible to find.
 The only way I found it was to have a friend ask a support question...He
owns a copy.

I don't have the URL.. If I find it I'll post it to the list.

Jason

=====
http://www.hailmaryfullofgrace.net