why do this? (was re: DOS emulation under Windows XP)

JD Runyan Jason.Runyan at NITCKC.USDA.Gov
Thu Jan 10 15:43:15 CST 2002

On Wed, Jan ,  at 08:22:43PM -0800, josh Herr wrote:
> I agree Hell if you want I have about 3 486 machines
> you could talk me out of any one of them for about a
> mcdonalds big mac and a pack of camels.  Win Xp is too
> bulky for just running a dos program.
I would assume that this machine would be used for more than just this
one application, so windows XP may serve them better than a dedicated
DOS machine would.  I would suggest a bootloader that would allow you
to run DOS, and XP if this application isn't used all of the time.
There are some good commercial bootloaders, or you could probably get
lilo or grub to work for you as well.
--
JD Runyan
		"You can't milk a point."