evil that men do [was Re: a question about DOS emulation in Win XP]

Brian Densmore DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com
Thu Jan 10 15:06:06 CST 2002

<soapbox>
> > Why not you just port the application to Linux and be done with the
> > evil-empire forever???
>
> Because any empire which calls another empire evil, is not
> itself clean enough to be presented as the only sound alternative.

Yeah, but he does have a point. I personally believe Mr. Gates is the
most dangerous man on the planet. Not necessarily evil, but definitely
on a power trip. He gives all the indications of wanting to control the
entire electromechanical industry. He doesn't just want to control the
software, he wants the hardware too. And means : toasters, blenders,
TVs, ovens, PDAs, phones, computers, networks, radios, multimedia,
automotive, etc. and also genetics (he's the number one genetic research
sponsor worldwide). That alone is reason enough to avoid any M$ product.

Coming soon to a planet near you William Gates No. 2 (not junior,
actually him in duplicate).

I predict if things continue in this vein eventually there will be one
corporation:

Microsoft-Sony-WTO or MSW for short.
</soapbox>

<clip>
Valid point about Linux being as complicated as 'Doze
</clip>
It is actually much more complicated.