a question about DOS emulation in Win XP

DCT Jared Smith jared at dctkc.com
Thu Jan 10 10:31:06 CST 2002

> Why not you just port the application to Linux and be done with the
> evil-empire forever???

Because any empire which calls another empire evil, is not itself clean enough to be presented as
the only sound alternative.

Because Linux is just as complicated and difficult as Windows, for people who are still running DOS
programs. Perhaps moreso.

Because the intention to assimilate everything into Linux... is flawed, based on the fact that it
is free, and voluntary.

In other words, the first part of your question is valid, yet that which follows the 'and' does not
necessarily follow, usually a condition of using a conjunctive. I yearn for the day when Linux
stands as the better alternative without a single user resorting to FUD.

In other words, the bumper sticker on the back of my Chevy doesn't have me pissing on Ford: it has
me shaking hands with one of the Chevrolet Brothers, thanking them for a job well done.