Apache with ssl

Brian Densmore DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com
Mon Jan 7 19:24:59 CST 2002

I prefer to use Apache-SSL (http://www.apache-ssl.org/),
but you can also use straight Apache with the mod_ssl
(http://www.modssl.org/) module.
I picked up a copy of O'Reillys Apache : The Definitive guide
(http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/apache2/).
Because, I considered the need for a future reference book and consider
Apache complex enough to warrant a reference book.
There are numerous howtos on Apache
(http://www.thelinuxreview.com/howto/www/WWW-HOWTO-7.html),
(http://www.linuxdoc.org/cgi-bin/ldpsrch.cgi).
You should make sure you get the latest stable version of Apache. It
will have all the latest security patches.