File Management

jim jim at weathercom.com
Mon Jan 7 03:46:22 CST 2002

ReiserFS has some interesting things planned for the future.  Including
breaking the link between files and meta-data (which include extensions).

I've only used Konqueror for file management and I think it works great if I
show the sidebar.

Also, I've come across a really cool distribution called Gentoo Linux
(www.gentoo.org).  It compiles the entire system from source code and
includes a system for managing dependencies.  I've ditched KDE in favor of
IceWM but I still use the KDE apps including Konqueror.