Backup Problem

David P. Engvall davideng at ponyexpress.net
Sat Jan 5 01:20:46 CST 2002

Stanley <<

This method works well for me to backup my home directory to a CD.
Of  course any other path can be used as the starting point.  This method
makes a CD with a file system that can be accessed just like any other
directory.  I think makes the cd DOS readable but all files owned by root.
You will need to look at your CD burner's speed and possibly replace the "12."

su -
cd /home
mkisofs  -r -o /tmp/cd_image
./dave                                                                    *Make an image
of dave with file system
mount -t iso9660 -o ro,loop=/dev/loop0 /tmp/cd_image /cdrom                  *Test the
image
cdrecord -v speed=12 dev=0,0,0 -data /tmp/cd_image
*Wtite the image to cd